Tuesday, March 3, 2020

10 Things I CANNOT Live Without (30 Day Blog Challenge)

It's DAY 6 of my 30 Day Blog Challenge. I'm getting there.


I have a confession. I originally had a different topic planned to talk about today. Old Photos. This means, of course, that I would need to share some of my Old Photos.

I don't have the time to scan in Old Photos to share.

I'm wearing pants today. That, in itself, is a win for me.

What I want to talk about today are 10 Things I CANNOT Live Without. Obviously, I am exaggerating just a bit (almost). Most of these things are not vital to my existence.  They are just things that I love with all my being. Besides Jesus. Besides my boys and family. Besides my cat. Air. Food. Water. Etc. Etc.

I guess I should probably stop there and get to sharing.

1. Books. 

Duh. I am a bookworm and proud of it. And I do have a small personal library to show for it. I will share some of my favs and my current reading list later on in this challenge.

2. Dr. Teal's Epsom Salts 

Essential? Probably. I personally love soaking in a tub sprinkled with Epsom salts after a long day. There are plenty of good things that they can do for you. I just bought a bag that also includes melatonin along with lavender and chamomile.

3. Herbs and Spices 

You would think I could be more specific. But, no. I cook. I cook a lot. And I like cooking with plenty of herbs and spices. I don't know how just salt and pepper people do it. I need all the things. Cumin. Tumeric. Garlic. Smoked Paprika. Cinnamon. Rosemary. I love getting my herbs and spices from an Amish store up the road from us. They sell them in bulk. I love nothing more than stocking up on my favorites and trying a few I don't usually use.

4. A Fan

Oh boy. I am ONE OF THOSE.  I can't sleep without a fan blowing on my face. No matter the temperature outside. I can't explain it. It drives The Muffin CRAZY!

5. Eyebrow Stuff

It's true. The older I've gotten the fewer I eyebrows I have. While not considered essential for survival, I feel better with a little eyebrow gel and a brush. I've lost hair in some places only to find it in others. That's as real as it gets my friends.

6. My Keurig

I haven't had it very long. Back in October, my ladies gifted me with a shiny red Keurig for Pastors Appreciation. I use it several times a day. For tea, for hot chocolate, for coffee. I'm there for ALL OF IT.

7. Candles 

Oh, yes. But not just any candles. I don't like candles that smell like flowers. The candles I burn must smell like goodies baking in the oven. I love spicy smells. There is nothing cozier than a candle burning on the piano in the evening.  My favorite candle scent is Home Sweet Home by Yankee Candle and Cinnamon Spiced Vanilla from Bath and Body Works.

8. My Party Stuff

Gurl. Do I have collection! I love planning a party. I have drink dispensers, gorgeous platters, punch bowls, collections of table cloths, napkins, dishes....shew! I love the visual and creative process of planning an event. I do have a bit of advice for those of you like me. We are constantly told "it's too much work" and "don't worry about going overboard." You do you, boo. I really think that it's a gift and we shouldn't feel bad about this kind of self-expression. It has nothing to do with pride or trying to show-off. It's just how we be.

9. My Dangly Earrings

They make me happy. I love earrings that jingle and jangle when I walk. I've got my eye on a beautiful pair of macrame earrings. These won't jingle or jangle. But, man....they are cute! I am not truly dressed unless I am wearing some sort of loud and proud earrings.

10. A Notebook

Nothing better than a fresh pad of paper. I am constantly making lists. I love journals, spiral notebooks, pretty post-its...stationary is my jam. I make grocery lists, to-do lists, future project lists, things I need to remember lists. I need notebooks for my sermon notes, lesson plans, and random thoughts and ideas. Pretty notebooks make my heart sing. I'm easy like that.

So that is my list for today! I'll talk at you again tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *