Monday, March 2, 2020

Some Top Songs in my Playlist (30 Day Blog Challenge)

You might know that I posted just this morning to catch up my missed day for my 30 Day Blog Challenge. Yessirreebob. 

As of tonight, I'll be all caught up. 

Just as long as I don't sleep through another challenge. 


My challenge for today is to share some of the Top Songs in my Playlist. You will find it to be an eclectic mix. 

Praise and Worship. Classical. Dolly Parton Country. Some 80's. A show tune. 

All the things. 

I'm not sure how many I'll share with you. Just enough to whet your whistle.  

Song #1 - Flower Duet

I love, love this operatic duet. Flower Duet is from Léo Delibes' opera Lakmé, first performed in Paris in 1883.  



Song #2 - Jesus, We Love You

This is a favorite praise and worship song that is part of our regular rotation at church.  It is by Bethel Music. I can't begin to describe the doo-dads this song gives me. 




Song #3 - Jolene

It's Dolly! This one is a classic. You better not be coming for MY man, Jolene.



Song #4 - Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun

Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun, is a symphonic poem for orchestra by Claude Debussy. In the record collection of my youth (I am that old), I had some we had picked up at a flea market. Among the Big Band and Country Western were several classical albums. I wore them out. This song was one of my very favorites.  Somewhere on Youtube, there is a beautiful ballet performed by Tanaquil Le Clercq and Jacques d'Amboise, choreographed by Jerome Robbins. It is breathtaking.





Song #5 - Hotel California

A guilty pleasure, I didn't admit to. I love the Eagles. The Muffin thinks Hotel California is all about drugs. From what I gather the Eagles did do plenty of drugs. But they have said that the song is a reflection of the high life in California. I'm not sure why I even listen to The Muffin. He knows ALL of the lyrics to The Wreck of the Edmnnd Fitzgerald. 



Song #6 - Through It All 

Through It All by Andrae Crouch is my life theme. I sing it as a special at church. Though without the swag that Bro. Crouch has. 




Song #7 - Summertime

This was the lullaby of my childhood. And nobody sings it like Ella. 



Song #8 - All I Ask of You

I could do an ENTIRE playlist of show tunes. But the one that makes me want to sing along is All I Ask of You from Phantom of the Opera. 


Song #9 - Heart of Glass

I did promise an 80's tune, after all. And this one makes me want to break out in spontaneous choreographed movement where ever I am. It's by Blondie.




Song #10 - Love- You Didn't Do Right By Me

If ever there were a gold standard for Altos everywhere, it would have to be Rosemary Clooney. I know. We have Karen. We have Patsy. But Rosemary came first. And this song is from one of my favorite Christmas movies, White Christmas.  She is just plain classy. 




There are many, many more that I could share. But who are we kidding here? You just barely got through this post. What are some of your favorite songs? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *