Monday, December 22, 2008

Merry Christmas

It's almost noon on Monday morning...just days before Christmas. I have been up since 5:00am doing odds and ends of piddly stuff...wrapping gifts, packaging up little pumpkin gingerbread loafs and caramel corn I made during a domestic fit earlier this week. We are shortly leaving for Illinois (just outside of St. Louie) for a week of Teague togetherness. I love my other family...they are warm, generous and almost all as hyperactive as Troy. So I've brought a few books along in hopes that I will able to find a quiet corner somewhere in brother-in-law's spacious home. I think there are at least almost 20 Teagues (and a few tag-a-longs) that will be spending Christmas together this year. We alternate holidays. Troy and I have learned to compromise over the past 17 years. This year...as with the past seven years...Christmas has been made sweeter with the addition of our son, Josiah. I can't tell you how much fun we've had this holiday season. We've been poorer than ever, but I can say that we've seen blessing after blessing come our way in the past few weeks. It's moments like these that puts everything in perspective and truly spotlights the true meaning of Christmas. So, despite the fact that Troy has already had to call the locksmith to unlock our Ford's faulty automatic lock this morning (don't ask) we feel truly blessed. It's about the Giver all good things. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *