Thursday, September 30, 2010

Blackberry Bread

I found the most delicious recipe for blackberry bread. Actually, I had never made blackberry bread before. But, I had a few bags of beautiful blackberries from my Dad's bushes in the freezer and I found this.  It is really more like the texture of a cake...but who cares!  I took one loaf to my pastors and we kept another one...and its gone.  I found myself circling the little plate I was keeping it one for crumbs.  I'm pathetic.

2 c. flour

1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
2 c. sugar
4 eggs, well beaten
1 1/4 c. vegetable oil
2 c. fresh or frozen blackberries, drained
1 c. black walnuts, chopped (optional)
1/4 tsp. ground allspice

Mix dry ingredients together. Add eggs, oil, blackberries and nuts. Stir just until mixed. Bake in 2 well greased 9 x 5 x 3 inch pans at 350 degrees for 60- 70 minutes. Cool in pans 5 minutes.

*Make sure your blackberries aren't too moist. I used frozen ones, but let them thaw out and drain for a while.  Also, don't mix very much when add your blackberries. This keeps them whole (relatively speaking) and makes beautiful bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *