Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Randomology

It's a beautiful day in the Ozarks. We made a trip to Wal-mart for a prescription, ran through the pick-up window at the library for some books I had put on hold...now we are busy doing school stuff. We are doing a Unit Study on the classic "Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel." I will have to do a post at another time about some changes I made this year...Some things we've tried just don't work for us.

Oh well...Here are a few things on my brain today. 

1. Josiah told me last week after his gym day at the Y that he had made a new friend. This friend was a girl and he couldn't remember her name, but he thought she was cute. There is always a cute girl somewhere on Josiah's radar...which is a little worrisome considering he is not yet 9!  Anyhoo, yesterday he pointed her out to me. She has to be 15!  Josiah and the older ladies.

2.  I was rushed for lunch today (I am feeding my family + my nephew) so I made some spaghetti noodles, opened a can of spaghetti sauce (which I generally don't use)and threw in a few frozen pepperoni.  Topped it with a little cheese and called it "Pizza Spaghetti."  Oh, they raved!  They loved this Pizza Spaghetti. What is the deal? I would toss my favorite spaghetti sauce recipe (made completely from scratch, mind you) forever if the canned stuff didn't make my teeth hurt.

3.  Early morning is my friend. Yesterday, I got up...had my quiet time with a devotion, wrote on my blog, made a gallon of iced tea, put supper in the crockpot, copied off a few pages for Josiah's Mike Mulligan Lapbook, made whole grain (from scratch) waffles...shew! By the time that the rest of the crew got up I was ready to head back to bed..but I sure felt accomplished.

4. I am not doing a very good job proof reading. I write all of this stuff from the top of my head...which can be dangerous. I wrote a little blurb for a photobook my mom and I made my dad for his b-day.  There were 2 mistakes in it!  I need a personal editor. I also need a personal assistant. And the laundry fairy. And maybe someone to come and fix my hair every morning....I better stop there...this is getting out of hand.

5. I have a bicycle sitting in my living room. My Studly Muffin is an avid cyclist and was recently blessed with a new bike. As we live in the city in an apartment building with only a balcony he has decided to house the bike somewhere inside the building. I hope eventually he finds a nice corner outside our common laundry room, but for now it has taken up housekeeping between the bookshelf and the television. Josiah decided he needed to bring his bike in from the balcony. I nixed that idea. What's the deal? Next we are going to try parking the car in the hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *