Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Mom's Hot Fudge Pudding Cake

Tonight I dusted off my mom's Old-Fashioned Hot Fudge Pudding Cake recipe. I remember my mom fixing this particular recipe quite often when I was young. It was always a treat. I know there are some more "sophisticated" recipes out there today, but this one has them all beat. It is inexpensive and easy to fix. Plus, it's just plain yummy. Of course, any dessert that has more sugar than flour is not going to be good for the waist line, but this only serves six so there probably won't be lots of leftovers to tempt you! I am trying to  think of the half eaten pan of Hot Fudge Pudding Cake that's sitting on my kitchen counter this very minute! Anyhoo, My Aunt Susie asked me to share the recipe (via Facebook) so here 'tis.

Hot Fudge Pudding Cake


Cake Part:
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup flour
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup melted butter
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla

Top With Before Baking:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
4 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 1/4 cups hot water

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix 3/4 cup of white sugar, flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder together in a bowl. Combine milk, melted butter and vanilla; add to dry ingredients. Stir gently (leave the mixer in the cabinet!) to combine, then spread into an ungreased 8x8 inch baking pan. Combine brown sugar, white sugar, and cocoa powder; sprinkle over top of batter. Pour hot water over top of cake, and bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 40 minutes. Let cool for 5-10 minutes. It's yummy with vanilla ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *