|My mom took this little bluebird's picture. He lives on their farm. He also looks a bit miffed.
Maybe he's having one of those weeks!
I am having what is termed "one of those weeks." Of course, it could be said that the past few years of my life have teetered on the edge of insanity. We all experience those kinds of days, weeks and years. And we all have ways we cope with it. My preferred method involves holing myself up with Kettle Cooked Lays,Krispy Kreme and a good murder mystery. Of course, that method has contributed to my unhealthy weight gain, a laundry pile gone wild, and a glimpse into the criminal mind. I also have done a lot of bad writing. It's generally all over the place. So I don't usually share it with anybody. Not even Troy. Or my momma. Hopefully, this post makes some sort of sense. Instead of getting all maudlin and preachy on you I've decided just to share a few odds and ends.
1. My bottom is dragging. Not that bottom. The bottom of my car. Somehow I have managed to knock some sort of plastic panel loose. It started dragging on my way to church tonight. I stopped by Troy's work and he tied it up with a plastic thingy (like my technical term?). Unfortunately, it came loose again and I drove the 8 mile round trip to church sounding like a wave machine. And to top it off there was something big going on downtown tonight and when I drove by the throngs of people coming out of the Expo Center I got all kinds of stares. I was mortified until I realized they really couldn't see me in the dark. Troy promised he's going to fix it tomorrow. If not I will have to imagine myself at the beach...
2. Josiah told me tonight that he sure hopes nobody asks him to sing in a boy's choir. I'm not sure where that comment came from. Except that our choir director from church called to tell me that we weren't having choir practice tonight. So if anybody out there was thinking of asking him to join up with a boy's choir...forget about it. It's not going to happen.
3. Another week is almost over. I don't know whether to jump for joy or moan in despair because we are one week closer to the madness that is "my Holiday shopping" (or lack thereof). Either way I am apparently way too dramatic. This week has been a busy one for me. I'm working on a top secret project (so secret that if I told you I would have to use duct tape to seal your silence forever...or at least until Christmas).
4. It is possible...more than likely...yep, it happened...that I wore two different flip flops to church a few weeks ago. And of course my homies at small group are so polite no one said a word. I didn't realize my "oopsie" until the day after when I put my flip flops back on and realized that, yes, one was black and one was brown. Not a biggie, you say? Probably not. It is rather ridiculous to think that anyone was so fixated on my newly pedicured toes to notice my boo boo. The whole thing is still indicative of my present state of mind.
5. I found some suspicious looking smears on the wall in Josiah's bedroom today. They have the appearance of boogers. He has developed a nose-picking habit as of late. I am not sure what to do about it. Is this something one shares with the public at large? I imagine that divulging this nugget of info is something he won't appreciate when he is older. Right now he thinks that boogers are pretty stinkin' cool and apparently add to the decor of his bedroom.
6. In addition to being a bona fide nose-picker he is also quite the ladies man. He has a few girls on the line at church. One is an older woman of 10. His most recent sweetheart is younger than him. He told me the other night that half his heart belonged to (insert name here). Hmm. I am assuming that the other half belongs to (insert name here- the older woman). I think we're in trouble. If he can get over the whole nose picking thing before he starts dating (when he's 37 or so) he is going to be quite the heartthrob.
7. I have some pretty great people in my life. They make my days and weeks brighter...no matter what's going on. That's all.