I will be honest. I have not been very motivated to blog as of late. I have half a dozen unfinished posts just sitting in my blog dashboard. I have a theory that my creativity comes upon me like the flu or PMS (sorry guys). It's not an every day occurance, but when it happens it is intense and all incompasing. I have long held to the idea that I better get all my planning done whenever I am in one of the "creative hurricanes"...'cause when it is not there...it's just not there. Which can be a big problem for someone who calls herself a Freelance Writer. And has relied on more than one check from a writing job. Though they might be few and far between right now.
Can I be any more pitiful? Probably. But I'm doing a pretty good job of it right now. I feel like everytime I talk to somebody I have some sort of sad story to tell. I have never had much patience with whiners.
Anyhoo, I do have a few random thoughts today.
1. I went the Y today. Yeah. They know me there. We do have a family membership, though The Studly Muffin has been a handful of times. He used to keep his weights on our porch. He would come home from work (at around 2:30am) and do his workout with only the stars as his audience. I didn't let him bring it to the apartment when we moved. Along with the stars most of downtown Springfield (including our Apartment neighbors) would be slightly disturbed by a grown man lifting weights on an Apartment balacony at all hours of the night. But this is not about The Studly Muffin. It's about the crowd at the Y. What are you all doing there! I know this is still January and all. It is still a little early to neglect that New Year's resolution, but phleease. You're totally cramping my style..and taking my parking spot.
2. Josiah and I also made a trip to the library today. This week our library is having a Food for Fines drive. Meaning you take in your canned goods and they remove any fines from your account. Okay. We go to the library every week. When a family goes as often as we do there is bound to be an occasional over due book. Or three. So I went through my canned goods and bagged up a few (or 10). I won't give you a run down of strange and unusual things I found in my "pantry." I will admit to the package of mini-marshmallows I found under my bed...which I know were left over from my 2009 Holiday baking. Not to worry. Ozarks Food Harvest did not receive my moldy marshmallow. I fully intend on using them in some jello this week.
3. The Tax Man is almost here. Which means because we are poor, not employed in a church and still can claim a child we will be getting a refund. Minister's taxes can be a nightmare. We always had to hire an accountant who knew about those dreaded Minister's Taxes. Now we can use one of those free online services. You just point and click. That alone almost makes up for not being in fulltime ministry. Almost...but not quite. Anyhoo...I have plans. I first plan on taking a trip to see my favorite hair dresser and going for Sushi. A girl has to have her priorities in order. Troy has some other priorities...like paying of bills and buying groceries. I don't get it. The man knows how to suck the joy right out of everything.
4. I am so over Winter. My flip flops are calling me. beke. Beke. BE-ke. BEKE! (my flip flops are kind of crazy and all).
5. I've already been hit up to order Girl Scout cookies. At the Y. Just a glance at that multi-stripped order form sent me back in time. Of course, I was the worst Girl Scout cookie seller of all time. I still really stink at selling things. Here is my Avon spiel (circa 2005). "I am putting in an Avon order this week. Here is a book you can look at. If you want. Don't feel like you have to buy anything. Oh. You need shampoo? And conditioner? The shampoo starts on page 22. They might be kind of high. I don't want you to feel like you have to buy anything. If you want I can give you 40% off. And I'll throw in the conditioner for free."
6. I bought 5 boxes of cookies. I know. I'm supposed to be taking care of myself. My rationale is that I can take them to our Small Group at church to share. Those people love cookies. Right?
7. And I'm contributing to a wonderful organization like the Girl Scouts.
8. And Josiah needs to experience the delictable world of the Thin Mint and the Peanut Butter Patty. Such memories we are cultivating here!
10. I'll walk an extra lap at the Y. Promise.