Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Gingerbread Baby Lapbook

I am a huge Jan Brett fan. I posted sometime back our Lapbook using her book The Three Snow Bears. I'm going to share with you Josiah's Lapbook of The Gingerbread Baby, also by Jan Brett.


This particular Christmas we went wild with Gingerbread. We made Gingerbread, made Gingerbread dolls and even gave Gingerbread ornaments out to Josiah's Sunday School Teachers. 'Cause I'm crazy like that. The Lapbook I am about to show you is evidence of my little problem. It's called Overkill. The only issue with this lapbook is that there are definitely some components missing. I think it has been well used over the years.

I'm pretty sure that most of my resources came from Homeschool Share. This one is free and think they have even updated it.

This is the front cover.

First opening. I made this Lapbook more like traditional Lapbook, utilizing all the little flaps.



These are character pieces I tucked inside one of the pockets made by the flaps.


Man I need a manicure!





I put all of our little worksheets I found online in this back pocket.


Another good resource is from Janbrett.com. These are Gingerbread Baby masks you can print off using her illustrations. She has several great resources for teachers using her books....you should check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You guys have been busy. This is a cute idea. My little man isn't quite old enough to do all that you guys, but it's something to look forward to maybe next Christmas. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *