Monday, January 30, 2012

Meal Plan Monday





I'm linking this post up to Meal Plan Monday at I'm an Organizing Junkie. This is my first time doing it. I've thought about doing it. You know how that goes.

Anyhoo. I'm always curious about what other people eat. Planning my menus helps me to at least organize my week a little better. I can keep better track of my groceries, food choices....It's just a good idea. I highly recommend it.  This week is a heavy poultry week. I found some good deals at the grocery store :<)

Here we go. I linked up to a few recipes. Please know that I am a diabetic and I'm also trying to lose weight. Any recipes I use I modify to fit my needs.

Monday: Fried Chicken Salad
Not the healthiest choice (fried chicken and all), but I found some fried chicken in the deli at the grocery store this morning and a huge bag of already prepared salad that had also been marked down. I also cleaned my oven today and this was a perfect Monday night/oven cleaning meal. I plan on eating mostly salad and just a few of the chicken bites.

Tuesday: Baked Ziti, Salad (leftover from the big ole bag of prepared salad) I found some beautiful fresh mozzarella marked down today. It is certainly a treat. I look forward to using it.

Wednesday: Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup (this is from one of my favorite lite recipe sites)

Thursday: Chopped Steak with sauteed onions, Baked Sweet Potatoes, Lemon Broccoli. Simple and will please my Carnivore Husband.

Friday: (Family night!) Chicken Burger Sliders, Oven Fries and a simple Slaw. Rachael Ray has a great Chicken Burger recipe in one of her cookbooks. It has a delicious Caesar Slaw.

Saturday: Vietnamese Chicken Salad (goi ga bap cai)...and more! Actually, we are bi vocational ministers (which means we work a job as well as work in a church) and we commute every weekend and stay with my parents. I have a lot of fun with my mom cooking a fun meal in the kitchen. This week I want to make Vietnamese Food for my family..yum! I haven't decided what else to fix with the salad.

Sunday: Leftovers or Eat Out (Josiah and I are going to volunteer at a Nursing Home in Joplin this day so The Studly Muffin will be left to his own devices)

Okay. I hope you don't hold me to this. I might get a hankering for Chinese Takeout around Thursday.

Rebekah

2 comments:

  1. I am drooling - your menu sounds delicious! (:

    Welcome to MPM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a yummy week! I am glad I started doing MPM...it has helped me stay on track with groceries budget, food plan,etc.

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *