Monday, March 26, 2012

Meal Plan Monday - March 26


I'm linking this post up to Meal Plan Monday over at orgjunkie.com.

Sigh. 

I told myself I really didn't have time to do a Meal Plan Monday post. I should be cleaning my tub. And cleaning out my fridge. And reading a new novel I downloaded on my Kindle. All those important things in life.

But I can't help myself. Just don't tell The Studly Muffin. He's under the misconception that I'm industrious. Not that he would care. He loves me....I just like to pretend I'm industrious.

This week I purposefully planned some easy peasy meals. It's really warm here in the Ozarks. It feels like summer. I'm craving fresh veggies and salads. The garden isn't producing so I have had to settle for the grocery produce section. I'm cutting up veggies like cucumbers, carrots, bell peppers and keeping them in the fridge (ready for easy access). I also have the crisper stuffed with fruit. I'm going to make up a big bowl of fresh tomato salsa for my guys to snack on...Yum! It's almost better than pie. Almost.

Here's the plan for the week.

Monday: Cold Cut Sandwiches with Veggies. Sweet Potato Chips (I got at Aldi's)

Tuesday: Crockpot Teryaki Chicken Wings, Steamed Rice, Asian Slaw. I use this great teryaki recipe.
It's for baked chicken teryaki, but I use it in the crockpot as well.

Wednesday: Tuna Salad (sandwiches again!) Fresh Veggies with Ranch Dip. I love this Tuna Salad recipe. It has crab meat in it.

Thursday: Stuffed Clams, Baked Potato, Cucumber and Tomato Salad. I bought bought these today at Aldi's for just around $3. I am also planning on using the bits of cucumber and tomato left over from our fresh veggies on Wednesday to make a simple salad with (oil and vinegar).

We are off to St. Louis on Friday for the whole weekend and coming home on Monday. This is going to be a belated Birthday trip to visit my Bro-in-law and Sis-in-law. I'm so excited. And I just can't hide it!

2 comments:

  1. sounds great! have you ever tried your chicken teryaki on the grill? that's how we do it and it's delish.
    have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to go back to my local Aldi's to see if they have the sweet potato chips. Those sound great!

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *