Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Plague and Sunshine

I'm a bit weary. Of winter that is.

Sure. The snow is pretty. And I don't want to wish this year away.

Our little apartment is the 2nd floor is getting pretty crowded. And then there is the little matter of the Stomach Flu that has been sweeping through our little home.

Last weekend it struck The Studly Muffin.

Now it's my turn. As I type I am cradling a sippie cup of Diet Sprite.

Needless to say, I've felt run down all week. I can't tell you how often we have gotten sick this time of year. It's like the Plague visits annually. I just hope it decides to go home before my birthday (in a few weeks). Though I suppose it happens to remind how truly old I'm becoming.

This week (Before Stomach Flu) Josiah and I took a trip to Hobby Lobby for something. I'm not sure what it was, but it's a great week if a few trips to Hobby Lobby are involved.

And I saw this.

 

Why, Bless my Stars and Garters! There is more!!

Goodbye, Winter! Hello, Sunshine!



And as tempted as I was to load the whole ensemble up into my Buick, I knew that The Muffin would heartily object. Besides the whole cost thing there is the matter of where to put them. And I can't really replace the Living Room furniture. He's 6ft. tall. That couch would allow for one leg.


But really. Just looking at it all still makes me smile. They would go perfectly in my kitchen. But then we have to consider this.



My kitchen is about as big as most walk-in closets. But common on! Don't you see how it would all work together?  (don't mind the dish drainer of dishes...they are clean, after all!)


So I did what any self-respecting Crafty Girl would do when inspired by a colorful couch that won't fit in her kitchen.

I made some stuff that captured the same "funness" (not a word...I'm sure)

I might not have space or money, but I have fabric. I also don't have space for the fabric, but that's a whole other blog post.

So I made some of my favorite flower pins. This one is Black and White (duh!)


A little yellow does a body good.


And my fav....Turquoise and Red.  A little tulle, satin, gingham, an old button..All of my favorite things in the whole wide world!






 Another little pop of fun. I found this large "T" at the Thrift Store sometime back. It was painted in an old '80's (I can't believe I referred to the '80's as old...those were my years!) country blue. I got out my red paint and viola!

I'm not sure where it will wind up. It looks like I need to rearrange the top of my bookshelf there. There is a lot happening.



 Happy Saturday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *