Monday, May 13, 2013

On a Spring Day

Hello, my friends!

Yes. I'm still here. Just busy with life! Imagine that.

I recently had camera issues. A big shout out to my friend, Carrie. She let me use her camera for a review or two I was doing. My battery wasn't charging in my own camera. Then. The Studly Muffin found my original battery charger on top of some books on one of our bookshelves (some of you might remember I had "lost" it around Christmas). I had to buy another one. Apparently, this "other one" wasn't as smart as my original one. 'Cause now the battery in my own camera is charging right up. I know. Such Drama.

So Mother's Day. We spent the afternoon at my parent's farm after church (we do every Sunday). I sent Josiah outside with my camera. He has written a report on chicken tending and needed some pictures of his charges. Of course, he came back with a camera full of pictures. And believe it or not, there was not a nostril shot among them. Progress!

I thought I'd share a few of our budding movie maker's work. With a little commentary of my own...You know I can't resist!

This is Stella. She's quite something. She wuvs Josiah. Can't you see it? The look of Love? The Studly Muffin gives me the same look. 


The BBD (Big Black Dog). Solomon has to be the sweetest 160 pound dog ever. He is really like small horse. One of his favorite things is to race the mailman along the fence line every day. What a rough life.


This is one of Josiah's charges. She is nesting. Which means she is laying an egg (for all you city folks out there). The "chikins" (which I have referred to as my father's other children) are not really all that bright. I would have least asked for a throw pillow.


 I'm not so sure what was fascinating about the brush pile. Except I think this is up in the pasture somewhere. Director's Alert! Josiah just informed me that he and Papa (along with Cousin Chris) cleared this bit of brush out a few weeks ago. A man and his work. This was photographed with pride.


Another view of the pasture. And no. This picture is not crooked. We've got hills, people! Josiah told me that he thought it was interesting. Yesiree. I think it's beautiful.


Yes. This is what you might think it is. Yippee-i-ay, Cow Patti. And that's all I have to say about that.


This is the pond in the pasture. It is not stocked (though you never know). I'm just grateful Josiah hasn't decided it's a great place to practice his butterfly stroke. You know. Cow Patti and all.


 Josiah told me that this is his favorite picture. This is the view from the pasture of the house and barn. That's a lot of wide open space. All that room to run and to roam!


This is a view of the main pond (which does have bunches of fishes). Josiah helped plant some of those little fruit trees you can see on the right. The pond is full. It was looking pretty desperate after last summer's drought. We are thrilled to see all this green.


I don't want to offend any one's delicate sensibilities, but this is what an 11-year-old boy might just find interesting. A decomposing mole. Josiah told me that you could smell this fella from a 100 miles a way. I believe I'll just take his word for it.


Another disturbing photo. Josiah asked, "Who would want to cut off a lizard's tail?" Exactly. He read my mind.


And finally, another pic of his feathery friends. Look how they are all lined up here. I'm not sure what they were doing? Practicing for a matinee of the Music Man's Pick-A-Little, Talk-A-Little?


Stay tuned for Josiah's complete report Chicken Tending. I'm sure it will be informative as well as entertaining.

In the meantime, I thought I would leave you with a little video of the "Pick-A-Little, Talk-A-Little" song. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *