Saturday, July 27, 2013

Sherry Lou. This is for you.

This is a bit strange. Bear with me.

Mom!

This is for you. I tried to call you all afternoon to tell you that we wouldn't be driving up today. Instead we are coming in the morning. My face feels like it's going to fall off and I think I will do better with a little more rest in bed. This sick stuff is kicking my hiney (sorry...I didn't use the b-u-t-t word...you should be proud). Josiah is packed and ready to go. He is exciting to spend the week with you. Just don't let him tell you he's got clean underwear on. "Clean" is relative in his opinion. I will see you in the morning!

Love, Beke

Okay. So obviously this isn't a heartfelt letter of appreciation and love to My Mom. We were supposed to drive to their house this afternoon (they live an hour away). I talked to her this morning when I was driving out to rescue The Studly Muffin from the Pancake Ride (another story for another day) while my parents were working at the church. They get piddly cell reception at the farm and don't have a land line. Some days it's impossible to get a hold of them.

Like today. I have been sick for a week (the kind of "in bed/snot running from every/somebody just shoot me" sick). When I got home from our adventures of rescuing The Muffin I felt so bad. I decided that I just needed to go back to bed. I called. And called. And called. I didn't want to worry my Mom when we didn't show up or to hold supper.

She checks my blog frequently so this is my way of staying in touch. Hopefully...

Maybe I'll try a smoke signal next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *