Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Combat the Grumpies! My list

Frankly. Lately, I've been grumpy.

I'm stressed, over committed, tired, sore and still fat.

Just keeping it real.

I can tell you that this is not my natural state of being.

I'm a bit perkier...mostly.

Thankfully, I have a patient husband and a cheerful son. I also have a plan.

I think everybody needs a plan to combat the grumpies.

Sadly, my plan today included a chocolate Dove bar (which doesn't necessarily help with the "still fat" part). Tomorrow is another day!

So what's my plan? I started with a "to do" list, my friends. Just a list.

And. To keep myself accountable I shall share the list with you. Who knows? Maybe you will be inspired to make your own "Combat the Grumpies" list.

1. Fix a cup of tea. Don't worry about who's going to wash the cup. Just do it.

2. Run (don't walk) to your nearest Bible and read this passage.2 Corinthians 4:8-9.  If you feel inspired break out into song and do a little dance. It will help burn calories and make you feel better.

3. Take out that calendar. You know the one you have refused to look at for 2 weeks. Be aware of what is coming up so you don't get any last minute "surprises" (like the one you had last night when you realized you were 2 days late in returning some paperwork....oops!)

4. Rub some lotion into your hands. Better yet. Bat your eyes at The Studly Muffin and ask him if he will rub your feet.

5. Go to bed at a decent hour! As Dad used to say..."Nothing good happens after Midnight."

6. You know that goal you had for drinking more water this year? Don't give up now, girlfriend! Go fill up a nice big glass with water. Your body and brain will thank you.

7. So I know that the world is a scary place. The news is discouraging and you don't have much faith in your fellow man. Take out your favorite missionary story or biography. You need some encouragement right now. 

8. For goodness sakes! Think before you speak (or type) something that you will regret later. You don't have to spread the grumpy around. If you don't have anything nice to say....you know the rest.

9. Snuggle with the boy a little extra tonight. You were kind of sharp with him today. Grumpy momma is a bit hard to handle.

10. Don't worry so much about your troubles. You've seen harder times. God's got this.


3 comments:

  1. Blessings!

    I have a book I read years ago that I am currently reading to my kids. It's called "Mama Was a Missionary." I love this book! You might look for it. :)

    Hope things get happier for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cristy! I'll have to check that one out. It's amazing what a good night's sleep and a change in perspective can do for a body.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely! A good night's sleep changes everything. And so does a change in attitude/perspective. :)

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *