Saturday, December 21, 2013

Randon Thoughts: Beke And the Messy Room

So. Like most of you I have been up to my glittery eyeshadow in Christmas preparations. I'll let you know how it all turns out, but for now...I'm a bit streesssed. I have only myself to blame.

It's been a while since I've shared a few Random Thoughts with you. In honor of my busy, crazy existence I am going to do just that.

1. I am currently failing miserably with my healthy eating plan. It's not that I'm completely piggin' out. Let's just say that I am not being as careful as I need to be. The pound of candy I've ingested isn't helping the waist line (or my blood sugar). I'm almost ready for the New Year...just so I won't be inundated with all the unhealthy goodies. I just can't handle it at this point. Boo.

 2. Instead of cutting up my veggies and making smoothies I am spending time on things like this.

Yes. That is a flower made from my trash. In particular a Peanut Butter Captain Crunch Cereal Box. In my defense, I normally don't fill the house with sugary cereals (for one, they are too tempting for my afternoon snack)...Some days, Mama just has to do what Mama has to do.

I can't remember where I got the tutorial from, but I also created this one.



This one is made from my Mom's discarded watercolor projects. You know what they say...."Another man's trash (or mama's)...." I am putting them on packages. I apologize right now to all those family members who received their packages unadorned. I was inspired by this project after I delivered your presents. You know who you are. I owe you a trash flower. Maybe next year.

3. I have been known to stitch up an apron or 40. This year my apron business wasn't quite as busy. I made 40 million satin flowers instead. However, there were a few of my repeat customers who wanted to bless someone with one of my Scrappy Aprons this year.

  

 I can't begin to tell you the unpleasantness that went on with my sewing machine this year. At one point I had both my sewing machine and my mother's sewing machine out on my table The Study Muffin is a patient, patient man. I have fabric bits and pieces strung all over the house...not to mention the stray straight pin. Next year I'm investing in some fabric glue. 

4. Below is a picture of the puzzle that will never end.

 
The pic in the middle is actually just the illustration for the puzzlers to follow. We just have the outside edges done and The Muffin did most of it himself. This puzzle has 1000 pieces. Why did I think this would be a good idea? You can see that we are just using it as an extension of our coffee table. Josiah's feet, a couple of remotes and a stray pattern piece all have found their way to the puzzle board. I'm just not bright enough for this.

5. Holiday shoppers are craaazzy! The first weekend in December we were blessed. The Ozarks had a snowstorm. My Indiana boy was unfazed. We loaded into the car and went to the mall with the other 20  people who thought it sounded like fun. The mall was great. We ate at the food court (yuck), shopped (or did our best impression of it) and had a little bit of ice cream (which could be why my diet isn't doing so great). There were no massive crowds of people to herd me around. To be honest I get a bit twitchy is crowds. Today I went to Walmart and I had to take a minute in the car just to decompress before I left. All I needed to do was pick up a prescription. It was like the entirety of Southwest Missouri came to my Walmart to stock up for the winter. At 10:00 this morning. You know what I'm talking about. I've still got this tic in my left eye.

6. So we've had some change of plans for our Christmas holiday. This change of plans involve family coming to my house. Don't get me wrong. I love company. I miss having people in and out of my house. Looking around, however, I noticed that I really need to clean my room. I'm about to reveal one of my deepest, darkest secrets. I have always had a messy room. Well. I can't say always. But, for the most part my bedroom is always the last room in my house to get clean. It was messy when I was 2. It will be messy when I'm 42. Now that I think about it....I think I should make having a peaceful, clean room one of my New Year's Resolutions. I told you. The Muffin is a patient, patient man.

Night All! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *