Wednesday, August 20, 2014

A TOS Review: Who Created Everything? (an audio drama)

 

I adore audio books. I would have been one of those gals (way back when) who waited anxiously every week for her favorite radio show. 

We have used audio books and a variety of other audio resources in our homeschool journey. We are faithful “car listeners.” This probably comes from my childhood years of spending long car trips listening to books on tape. It is a practice I continue to this day…well beyond my childhood years.

I am generally an equal opportunity listener. We give both Sherlock Holmes and Hank the Cowdog their due. However, I have to say that I am doubly blessed when I find a Christian resource that not only inspires, but teaches those valuable truths we hold dear. 

http://www.wizzygizmo.com/

This summer, we were blessed to be able to review Audio Drama One: Who Created Everything? by Wizzy Gizmo

It is a 36 minute audio drama that explores Genesis 1. It is intended for ages 4-12, but I think everyone will love it. The cost is $14.99.
Wizzy Gizmo was founded by Justin Cummins and Chris Del Aguila. The driving scripture behind this ministry is Deuteronomy 6:5-6. 
 You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up.”
I love this! 
https://www.wizzygizmo.com/shop/ot-audio-drama-one-who-created-everything/#


Audio Drama One: Who Created Everything? is the first audio drama produced by Wizzy Gizmo. They also offer books and Fast Track cards that teach help teach the books of the Bible.
In this case, Wizzy Gizmo is not necessarily a “what,” but a “who.” He is a brilliant and eccentric inventor. Wizzy has an even more eccentric crew. There is the robot duck, Qwacky and (my favorite) his dog, Pepe, who rocks the sombrero. His newest and most important invention is the Gizmovision.
The story begins in Sunnyville with Eli (a new kid in town). He meets Olive, Summer and Thomas. They introduce him to Wizzy Gizmo and the adventure begins! What happens next is extraordinary. Wizzy Gizmo places the Bible on the Gizmovision. Suddenly, the Bible becomes alive for the group of friends. 

The adventurers get to observe the story of Creation. I have to say that the music in this production is fantastic. The narration is directly from Scripture (with some explanations from Wizzy Gizmo). It gave me goose bumps. Josiah absolutely loves it. He has asked to listen to it several times.
There are additional bonus tracks featuring a quiz and additional songs. I was very pleased with the quality of the music (did I mention that already?).
The founders of Wizzy Gizmo emphasize that any products that are provided aren’t intended to replace reading the Bible with your kids. They have only provided helps that are meant to enhance and reinforce Biblical truths. I also appreciate that this is not a “back in time” kind of experience. The Wizzy Gizmo site explains that the characters aren’t meant to interact with history or be inserted into the Bible itself. It is simply an observation….be it a really cool observation. 

We gave listened to our CD mostly in the car. It has also been helpful to listen to while we are getting our morning chores done or just lounging around. We happen to be reading through the book of Genesis right now so it was a nice way to reinforce all we read about. I think it would be a excellent extra to your Bible studies with the kids. 
I have to say that this was just an enjoyable review. This product fits in nicely with our lifestyle and worldview. I think Wizzy Gizmo did a fantastic job of making Genesis 1 come to life for my whole family. 








You can connect with Wizzy Gizmo via one of the social media outlets below (there are samples on the website). You can also read more reviews by clicking on the banner. 



Click to read Crew Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *