Monday, January 5, 2015

What I'm Fixin' This Week!



One of my New Year's Resolutions is that I become more consistent with my meal planning. To be honest I am fairly dependable with meal planning...at least with our main meal. My problem is all the in-betweens. Especially when it comes to what I need to be eating. I spent much of December just grabbing what was handy.

Here's the truth, my friends. I didn't lose 80 pounds grabbing what's handy. Remaking your life and habits takes work and a lot of deliberate planning and preparing.

So my goal this year is to get back to what I know works.  Sometime back I posted my meal plan for the week every Monday. I want to start doing that again. I know that it helps when I see what other folks are fixin' at their houses. It gives me inspiration. I also want to provide a little bit of mealtime inspiration myself.

Just something to remember when looking over my menu. I follow the THM (Trim Healthy Mama) principles. We also commute every weekend to our job as Associate Pastors in another town. My mom feeds us...which is absolutely fabulous. I am only including the 5 days I planned for this week.

Monday

Chili - I'm using leftover beans for this batch.
Saltine Crackers - My guys like a little crunch. I'll just enjoy the chili.

 Tuesday - My 'at-home-day'...it is precious to me. If I'm going to make something special during the week this is the day. I also like to do any chopping, storing (whatever) for my eating plan.

Slow Cooker Hillbilly Pinto Beans (my recipe) - I'm putting these on before I go to bed on Sunday night...which will be easy. Downton Abby starts season 5!
Greens (frozen from my Dad's summer garden) - I like this recipe from Tyler Florence...only I use swiss chard and don't cook them quite as long.
Cornbread (for my guys)


Wednesday 

Alfredo  with Dreamfields Pasta - If you love alfredo sauce you have to try this recipe from The Pioneer Woman. It will make you want to smack somebody it's so good. I made it last night with shrimp and broccoli and I spent the whole night looking for random people to smack. True story. Dreamfields pasta is supposed to be better for all the low carb eaters, but sometimes I just have my sauce over spaghetti squash or zucchini.

Tossed salad (the larger the better!)


Thursday - This day is our Reading Club day. Because we are gone for several hours this is a good day to put something in the crockpot.

Crock Pot Spicy Chinese Chicken - this comes from a recipe I have at home.
Baked Brown Rice - Alton's recipe is the best.
Stir Fry Broccoli - I use a bag of frozen florets and quickly give them a whirl in the pan with a tiny bit of oil and garlic. Every meal needs a little green.


Friday - Our family day! And Josiah's swim team practice. I like to cook something homey on this day if I have time.

Crock Pot Balsamic Pork Roast
Loaded Cauliflower bake
Green Beans (canned from my Dad's garden this summer)


What's on the table at your house this week?










I'm linking up this post to orgjunkie.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *