Saturday, February 6, 2016

Kwik Stix! A Review

Happy Saturday! Hope this week has been a good one for you.

Today I have something fun and more fun to share with you.

You might share my life's mantra (at least one of them).

"One can never have enough art supplies or books"

Can I get a witness!!!



We've recently added a really, really (really) cool product to our art supply arsenal. Towards the end of last year, Kwik Stix (from The Pencil Grip folks) contacted me and asked if we would like to review their Kwik Stix Tempera Paint Sticks.

Would we?

Send them on down!

Now Kwik Stix promises that their Tempera Paint Sticks are basically mess proof. They dry in a mere 90 seconds AND that they leave a paint-like finish.



Josiah and I immediately put them to the test by sharing them during an afternoon with some little (and very crafty) little friends.

Josiah's first priority was to throw down a poster for his favorite team. A guy has to have his priorities. I've shared this before, but Josiah has dysgraphia, which makes writing difficult at times. Kwik Stix was easy to use. The paint pens went on smoothly.


And who could argue with a page of warrior ninjas and a rainbow? For this project we used plain brown craft paper. I was really impressed with the brightness of the paint...even on the brown paper.


You might not know this, but most of my work history as an adult has taken place in a classroom. In fact, my degree field is in Early Childhood. I can tell you that in my experience "tempera paint + little people = big mess." Nary a paint smock nor cup of water made an appearance. Best of all, I didn't have to bring out the paint brushes.


Those are some really crazy Ninjas!


I was concerned that the paint pen tips wouldn't be fine enough to do much more than coloring in shapes, but you can see that Josiah has done fine. More football scores! Imagine that!



I know what your thinking. I NEED these!

Of course you do!

We were sent the 12 pack (which is fabulous), but Kwik Stix also comes in a 6 pack AND a 96 pack! (for a whole class of little people).


Just a few thoughts.

Don't worry about a the Kwik Stix having a short life span. Each tube comes with quite a bit. You simply roll them down like a tube of lipstick. And unlike lipstick they don't crumble or break off.

Kwik Stix also promises to work on wood. We didn't try any on wood, but I'm thinking that would be a really neat project to work on for gifts.

Kwik Stix also was also nice enough to send me a couple of their fabulous pencil grips. More on that soon. Did I mention they are fabulous?

My friends! Go grab you some of these! Everyone needs crazy ninjas in their life!



*Kwik Stix sent me this product for free for my balanced review. All views are my own and completely honest. :<)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *