Thursday, June 30, 2016

Busy



It's Thursday morning and I'm knee deep (literally) in Cousin Camp preparations.

I can't even begin to describe what my dining room table looks like. I'd take a picture, but I CAN'T FIND MY CAMERA!

My friends.

It wasn't a month ago that I lost my phone for a week. The Muffin found it behind the bed where I had looked. And looked. And looked.

I'm hoping that the camera is underneath the pile of feathers, scrapbook paper and glitter.

A few days ago, I had an errand day that seemed to never end.

Generally, we make our way to the Y around 11:45am...which happily coincidences with the 12 o'clock showing of Pioneer Woman on the Food network. I'm not saying I go to the Y to watch cable television.

But...I go to the Y to watch cable television.

Today we didn't get there.

I started stopping by The Muffin's work.

I had to run to the place I buy ink refills.

 Then we HAD to go to Michaels.

We then made our way over to Penney's so I could use a $10 off $10 coupon that was burning a hole in my pocket.

Then it was the Post Office. Wal-mart.

Staples.

Are you kidding me?

The UPS Store.

And finally, Taco Bell.

I had been trying to get everything I need to do done in one fell swoop.

But by the end of my errand marathon, I was thinking ugly thoughts about the weather, long lines and the whole human race in general.

Why was EVERYONE out today? Why did I wear my workout clothes to Penney's?

And why is it so stinkin' hot?

Do you ever have those days that seem to rush around you?

Some of us thrive on the adrenaline of an active day. We enjoy the thrill of being pushed towards one mindless activity (or errand) after another.

I am not that girl.

I start loosing things or eating poorly.  I get cranky and irritable. I like to have things done properly. I don't like feeling I'm rushing through a project or life, for that matter.

So, my friends.

This morning I'm fixing myself a cup of tea. Then I'm going to make a really long list of stuff I need to accomplish. I am even going to put those things I have already completed so I can have the pleasure of marking them off.

And maybe I'll even find my camera.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *