Thursday, September 8, 2016

A TOS Review: CHSH Download Club

In my opinion, one cannot have too many resource in their homeschooling tool box. Of course, if you are like me and have limited space in that “tool box,” online resources become invaluable. Over the past several weeks, we’ve been given the opportunity to review the annual subscription to the CHSH Download Club from CHSH-Teach.com.


CHSH-Teach.com (Christian Homeschool Hub) was started by Lynda Ackert, a homeschool mom and classroom teacher.  This is an online subscription service featuring tons of downloadable materials. Currently, it has over 50,000 pages of printables for grades K-12. I found the site to be easy to navigate. There is a search box available or the user can browse through each subject/grade or even month.



There is just about a little bit of everything on the site. Members can also contribute their own materials to share with others.

When I first received access to CHSH-Teach.com I went immediately and started poking around.  I knew fairly quickly that I would need to focus my attention on a few key areas. When I said that there is a little bit of everything…I meant it! 

Initially, I wanted to focus on some neat biography units I found on famous inventors. But as I started digging a little farther I changed my direction (at least for now).  I found a great leveled reading list. Josiah is dyslexic so I am always conscience about his progress.  The leveled reading list is terrific tool to help me gauge the difficulty of a book. I simply went through the list and made note of the books we already have. 


I also found a good selection of literature units on the site. I have been assigning Josiah independent reading. One of the books I have on that list is The Giver by Lois Lowry. This literature unit is easy to follow and has lots of different activities to help enrich the book.


Some more recent additions to the website have made it to our curriculum list this fall. 

I found some great  units on our election process and the American Government.  Being that this is an election year, I was interested in gathering materials that could help educate us more on our political process.

This first set of worksheets (just downloaded in August) is one of my more recent finds on the site. It is all about the Anatomy of the U.S. Constitution. This is an excellent resources!


I also found a great Election Analysis project for Josiah to work through. 




I don’t want to neglect mentioning all of the first-rate planning resources found on the site. Also, Josiah has outgrown the preschool and elementary resources, but they are truly excellent. As a former Kindergarten teacher, I approve wholeheartedly!

CHSH-Teach.com is an excellent resource and I look forward to utilizing it this school year. You do have the option for a free membership. However, it only gives you limited access. You can have full access through a yearly or a lifetime membership. Go check it out!

You can connect with CHSH-Teach.com via the following social media outlets. Don't forget to click on the banner below to read more reviews. 





Christian HomeSchool Hub {Download Club}


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *