Wednesday, September 21, 2016

The Prayer-ers (Homeschool Review Crew)

Prayer is perhaps the most important aspect of a Christian’s walk with God.  Recently, I had the chance to review The Pray-ers/Book 1 Troubles, written by Mark S. Mirza from CTM Publishing
Atlanta.




Mark S. Mirza is the founder of Common Thread Ministries. He also led the men’s prayer ministry for Dr. Charles Stanley.


The Pray-ers/Book 1 Troubles is a fictional account of what happens in the spiritual realm when we pray (or fail to pray). The main characters of the book live in three eras of time.

Epaphras, who is mentioned in as a fellow laborer with Paul in the book of Colossians, is a mentor to his nephew, Thales. 

In the 19th Century, Brother Alexander Rich is a traveling preacher in Georgia. He encounters rumors, gossip and other trails as he ministers to those in small towns.

Dr. Dale represents the current era. He is a track coach and the leader of a men’s prayer ministry.  Dale and his wife, Margie, face difficult circumstances prevalent with our own day and time.

Each prayer warrior learn lessons about prayer and faith, while we see what goes one behind the scenes of the spiritual realm.  Demons are trying to distract the pray-ers and throw opposition and discouragement in their paths. A guardian angel, Hael, provides encouragement.


My Thoughts

This is a book I read myself. I was intrigued with idea of a fictional book modeling prayer through its characters. My husband and I pastor a small-town church and I understand spiritual warfare.

In fact, I was reminded this evening how we fight not "against flesh and blood." This book is an excellent reminder. The Prayer-ers sheds the light on the absolute necessity of prayer and how true prayer warriors do it. 

Something I found helpful are the Scripture references provided at the bottom of certain pages. This is a handy way to connect what is happening in the story to Scripture. There are some sensitive subject matters, such as abortion, but they are handled gracefully. 


 I received a physical copy of the book, but is available in an e-pub version, as well. I believe that there is a Book 2 coming out soon.


You can connect with The Pray-ers via the following social media outlets. 




The Pray-ers / Book 1 Troubles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *