Saturday, October 22, 2016

Saturday morning...

It's Saturday morning and I'm by myself.

My boys went to the men's ministry breakfast and I am eyeing a piece of fried chicken that was left in the fridge. I've been puny the last few days so breakfast isn't high on my "to-do" list.

I've not done a whole lot of blogging as of late...except for reviews. Monday found us in Alabama.

ALABAMA!

My father-in-law lost a beloved sister so we packed up the car and headed to The Muffin's ancestral stomping grounds. I say ancestral because The Muffin grew up in Indiana, but his daddy is an Alabama man through and through.

It wasn't the easiest trip, but we did get to spend time with family and eat biscuits and gravy EVERY MORNING.

Anyhoo. I came home with some sort of wheez and a sore tooth. I have a molar that broke off and it needs attention in the worst way. Not fun.

Now that you know all there is to know, I do have a few things to share with you.

I am putting a ginormous pot of chili on this afternoon. Our surrounding communities have been whooping it up at the Covered Bridge Festival. One of our church fellas is cooking up barbecue so we want to go check that out.

I do have a couple of chili recipes I use. This weekend I'm making The Pioneer Woman's Frito Pie Chili. It's a little thicker and I want to have the option for chili dogs or Frito Pie.

I also want to share with you the recipe for a Loaded Baked Potato Soup I used a few weeks ago when we had family visiting. It is scrumptious. It isn't something I can have very often, but it is certainly something worth whipping up now and again.

And as a treat for myself, I am going to make a batch (or 4) of these sugar free Chocolate Chip cookies.  I'm needing a bit of chocolate in my life and these might do the trick.

Have a beautiful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *