Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Driving at last!

Hi, friends!

I feel like my next announcement should come with a drum roll or something.



I am FINALLY  a legal driver in the state of Indiana.

Woo Woo!

If you follow my blog you might have read this sad, sad tale of what happens when a girl born outside the country (and not at a military base), moves to a new state and promptly loses all of her identification.

It's tragic, my friends.

BUT...6 days before the deadline, I took the last piece of documentation down to the BMV.

Last week (or was it the week before?) I went there 4 times in a 3 hour period...only to be sent away every single time.

It's a long and hairy story and not worth the telling, but I can't express to you how relieved I am to have the whole mess behind me.

You want to know my first act as a legal driver? I went down to the library and got a library card.

If you know me you know that me without the library is like peanut butter without jelly. Peas without carrots and Ben without Jerry.

It just doesn't work.

When I asked the librarian how many books one could check out she told me that I can check out 100 books at a time.

Yipppeee!

Then she said, "But I'm sure you don't want to check out 100 books."

Oh...little does she know.

Anyhoo.

This week I'm up to my eyeballs in preparation for our "All Daughters Luncheon" at church on Saturday. AND I'm working on a writing assignment. AND somewhere in all the mess we are homeschooling.

Just thought I would pop in and share my wonderful news!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *