Saturday, October 7, 2017

Day #4 - Hope (31 Days of Five Minute Free Writes Challenge)

I'm joining in the 31 Days of Five Minute Free Writes Challenge from Five Minute Friday! This means I am taking the theme given, setting the timer for 5 minutes and just writing.You can check out the whole series here.  

Today's word is hope...

Hope. For years I had the word "hope" all over my house in one way shape or form. I had a little wall hanging, a set of block letters...

We were in a rough patch. 

Financially, physically, emotionally...

It was easy to become discouraged. I wanted to have little reminders so that would spark this idea. That we had HOPE...no matter what came our way. 

I've had a difficult week or four. I just plain don't feel good. I've taken tests and have more to take. In my long career of chronic illness and injury, I have good days and bad days. Lately, my bad days are more frequent. 

It's easy to feel sorry for myself. Pain can wear a girl out. I have had to give myself a break and remind myself that I have to do what is best for me. Sometimes it means not doing the things I think are expected of me. 

Hope is far more than looking ahead for brighter days. I am reminded that "my hope is built on nothing less..than Jesus Christ and Righteous." 

I don't have hope in my body...or my doctors (though they have been lovely). I don't have hope that I can figure everything out that needs to be worked out. All I know is that HE is my hope. 

And He is GOOD.


1 comment:

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *