Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Day #6 - Story (31 Days of Five Minute Free Writes Challenge from Five Minute Friday)

I'm joining in the 31 Days of Five Minute Free Writes Challenge from Five Minute Friday! This means I am taking the theme given, setting the timer for 5 minutes and just writing.You can check out the whole series here.  


Today's word is Story...

I could sure use more than 5 minutes for this one. 😁

My story started a while back. I was born to Missionary parents in Nicaragua. That alone makes  me just a tad bit interesting.  There was some sort of strange mix-up with some locked doors when I was born..which nearly caused my Dad to arrive late to my birth. Of course, I sought to make the story just a little bit interesting when I was young. There was a story that I told that I was born just before the stroke of Midnight and the doctors had to decide whether I should be a March 14th baby or a March 15th baby.

This was a load of poo poo. 

I was born around 7:00 in the morning on the 14th. 

I also used to pretend that I was actually a twin AND that my twin lived in San Francisco with my grandpa. I'm sure I had a good reason why my parents had hid her from me. HOPEFULLY, this is a story that I didn't share publicly, but ya never know.

Obviously, I could spin a good yarn.  At the ripe old age of 8, I realized that perhaps my tendency to blur the lines of reality were obvious to other people when I recognized my 2nd grade teacher's tone of incredulity after telling her a story. The irony is that I was relating a TRUE story about how my little brother startled me up from a nap (I'm strange like that) and I went after him with a skillet. 

Thankfully, my ability to tell a story was soon limited to the page. Lying doesn't suit me. 

There have been things that have happened to me in my life that I couldn't even have dreamed up on paper. They were just to ghastly to think about. 

Really. I'm the most uninteresting person in all the world. I don't travel.  I am not famous. I am at home in my stretchy pants and have an uninteresting hobby of watching strange documentaries. 

However, those "other" things that have happened have given me a different kind of story than expected. 

Though parts of my story have been painful and sad and difficult to go through...Those same experiences have brought me hope and joy and perspective. 

But if you see someone wandering around San Francisco that looks like me...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *