Wednesday, March 7, 2018

CursiveLogic (A Homeschool Review Crew Post)


I’ve got another goodie for you to look at this week! For the past several weeks, we’ve been looking at the CursiveLogic Quick-Start Pack and The Art of Cursive from CursiveLogic. I’ve reviewed CursiveLogic before, so I was anxious to get a look at this new revised edition and the beautiful coloring book.


For my review, I received the CursiveLogic workbook, adult (teacher) coloring book and access to the webinar for 12 months. I’ll talk about each in turn.



Webinar

I adore webinars in general. It’s like taking a class; only I get to do it from my couch and I don’t have to put on mascara. The CursiveLogic webinar is basically a master class. If you are nervous about teaching cursive writing, the webinar lays it all out for you. All of the information is in the workbook, but I love having the visual in front of me. It will be especially helpful for those of you have visual learners. The class is directed at parents or teachers, but I believe students can benefit.

The webinar itself comes via a Vimeo account and lasts about 50 minutes. As I have access to the webinar for 12 months, I can go back and watch it as often as necessary.

The Workbook

The CursiveLogic method isn’t like any cursive method you’ve seen before. It uses colors, shapes and letters strings to teach the letters. The letters are grouped based on their shapes, not alphabetically.


Personally, I have found the method much easier for my son (who has dysgraphia) to master.

CursiveLogic teaches letters grouped by shape. For example, those letters that are oval shaped are all taught together. This shortens the learning time. The letters are more uniform in shape and, therefore, result in prettier handwriting.
CursiveLogic also uses all manner of learning styles to reach each student more effectively. For example, Josiah is a very visual and kinesthetic learner. Each shape category as a color to help reinforce and aid in learning. The method also really focuses on muscle memory. If you have a child who struggles with these, you know how important building muscle memory is.

The CursiveLogic Workbook is spiraled at the top of the page. This is also helpful for my son (who is a leftie)! He doesn’t have to fight with the book. We are also encouraged to use smooth writing utensils. All of these little things make the whole process gentler for someone who has difficulty with writing in general.

The book is sturdy and is set up in a consistent and methodic way. There are also 3 dry-erase pages located in the back for extra practice.

A nice thing about this workbook is that you don't have to have a special teacher's guide. Everything you need to know is located inside the workbook. 

The Art of Cursive



The Art of Cursive is a beautiful coloring book that also features handwriting practice. This is a clever coloring book, as well as a beautiful one. 

You can see that each shape is filled in with cursive strokes. Brilliant! 



I, personally, had so much fun working through the book. My own handwriting as become a mixture of odd styles over the years. I have enjoyed relearning my cursive style using the CursiveLogic method. It is a lovely style.


Overall, the whole program is an impressive way to teach and learn cursive.


Right now, CursiveLogic is giving all the Homeschool Review Crew Blog readers a special 20% discount for the Quick-Start Pack. Just use the code CREW2018. The code is available through the end of March.



Cursive Logic New Edition March 2018 Discount

You can connect with CursiveLogic via Facebook! Don't forget to click the banner below to read more reviews. 

The Art of Cursive & Quick Start Cursive {Cursive Logic Reviews}

Crew Disclaimer

1 comment:

  1. This looks really awesome! I'm going to look into this, both for myself and my kids. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *