Friday, January 24, 2020

5 Minutes....

Ya'll.

I've been sick. I'm STILL sick.

However, I am not (thankfully) as sick as I have ever been nor am I as sick as some.

We take it where we can get it, right?

I am super bummed, though.

I had been on a super energy trip. I hadn't felt that good in YEARS. While The Muffin was sick, I organized cabinets, our bathroom, and even tackled the monstrous mess that is my office/craft room/homeschooling supply room/library/dressing room.

The room is not that large but for some reason, I was storing, at least, enough junk for 4 or 5 different rooms. I'll share soon more (when I am up on my feet and can properly take flattering photos).

I still had a few things left to do when the Plague struck. My office is connected to my bedroom and being an equal opportunity clutterer, I simply piled a few things in there while I sorted through my stuff.

It was still there as of today.

This has been my view while I've been sick in bed.



I can't STAND being sick in a dirty room. I suffer. I fret. It's not that I am a hyper-clean or organized person. I am just very visual. Some of you understand.

So I got up. I put a 5-minute timer on my phone and just simply put some things away and straightened up the top of my dresser.

It is not perfect. There are still dust bunnies that need to be addressed and the top of my dresser needs a little more decluttering. And my toenails need attention.


But 5 minutes didn't kill me. And now my view is less offensive. The lotion and perfume bottles are all upright. The clean clothes on top of the dresser only took me a minute to put away. The crates (which had been residing in the office) are now stacked by the door for one of my guys to take down to the basement. Easy Peasy.

When I consider how much time I waste when I'm not sick...I worry that a job will take too much time or that I have to be extremely perfect in the execution of it. I tend to be very task-oriented and I don't like taking on something I can't finish in a short amount of time.

My goal this year is to be more intentional and to just do the things that I tend to put off. Especially when I can settle for GOOD ENOUGH.

Maybe tomorrow I'll paint my toenails.

What are some of your strategies for tackling projects?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *