Saturday, March 14, 2020

A Pandemic Bucket List for Home (30 Day Blog Challenge)

It's my birthday! And it's Day 16 of my 30 Day Blogging Challenge.



Oh Child. It's Day Whatever of the Coronavirus Quarantine. We did do a little bit of wandering for my birthday. We didn't go crazy or anything but I saw some of you at the Walmarts.

What were you doing with all that toilet paper? For now, we have enough but then I'm expecting ya'll to share.

For reals.

Of course, the subject at hand is the Coronavirus. Some are panicked beyond belief. Some are near convinced it's a vast conspiracy.

I think a little healthy concern is good. At the same time, we can't be obsessed with every minute by minute play.

Sometimes you have to turn off the social media and the news.

I also have to admit that I am one of those who would be thrilled not to have to go out. Up to a certain point. I remember the days I wasn't allowed anywhere on my own. I eventually get squirrely.

So I am planning on making the most of things. I won't get hours of uninterrupted productivity (or non-productivity) time. We are still homeschooling. We are still having church.

It all looks different but my time is not always my own.

But I have plans.

Yes, I do.

Before I tell you what I want to do, I want to make sure that you understand that I understand the brevity of the situation. The majority of the times that I have had to stay isolated and quiet is because I was in critical health. First and foremost, I want to make sure that I am praying for those who are in distress and hurting....for those who are scared and anxious...and for those who have to make the decisions for all of us.

I also want to be mindful of the gift I have been given of time.

Here is my Pandemic Bucket List

1. I am learning to crochet. A sweet lady from the church is teaching me. I have decided that I don't need to have it mastered in a week and I can take my time getting it right.

2. Josiah and I are going to watch all of the Lord of the Ring Movies. A little Middle Earth action will make us feel better about the end of days.

3. I am going to finally get my bedroom the way I want it. Mainly...it will be clean. I also am thinking about painting all the trim, moldings and doors white. I haven't told the Muffin yet. I figured I would start on the low stuff. He then would be obligated to help me with the tall stuff.

4. I have started rereading all of Anne Perry's Inspector Monk series. This is usually one of my summer mystery binge-reading goals but I can start early. Nothing to set a mind at ease like a good "who-dun-it."

5. Josiah is into World War II right now. I promised him we would dig up all the documentaries that we could stream for free. We also have a good collection of novels set in that particular time period. Nothing like a healthy obsession for history.

6. I am going to make a ton of flowers out of old pattern pieces for our Mother's Day Lunch at church. Our theme is "Stitched Together." I found patterns at a thrift store for .29. I've still have a little bit of time before the day, but now is a good time as any. I've made them before. Here is a video you can see how they are done.



7.  Josiah and I will work through a series of drawing lessons on youtube. I have all the things. All the stuff.

8. My goal is to take a short walk every day. We still have some fairly wintry weather from time to time. If it gets slick I can't walk outside. We shall see what happens. Momma needs some Vitamin D.

9. I am going to go through Josiah's clothes. He has a tendency to keep everything that has ever touched his body. The boy only needs so many clothes. Plus, I have a sneaky suspicion we are going to find several missing socks.

10. This is a perfect time to sloooww down. I am going to sit longer with my hot tea. Take longer baths. Take my time folding the laundry. Spend a little extra time chopping up veggies for supper. There is no hurry. Just the need to savor the moment.

Do you have anything special planned?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *