Wednesday, September 16, 2020

First of Fall

 I was drinking my morning coffee in the big comfy chair in the living room when I noticed them. 

Not an actual picture from my living room window. This is a stock photo. I couldn't put THAT much effort into this post. 😁


Bits of brightly covered leaves peeking out of the trees across the street. 


I immediately began to plan the first pot of chili for the season.  I am one of those annoying people who can't be bothered to celebrate fall while still running the AC at full blast. Until I feel like I can sport my fuzzy socks and slippers without fear of heat stroke, I feel downright awkward pretending it's really fall. 


Cause it's not. 


Until it is. 


I am trying a new approach to my fall decorating and celebrations this year. l hope to give a peek into what I am doing. In the meantime, I don't want to wish away my days for the hope of new things to come. 


I think we have all been guilty of that. We are so anxious for 2020 to make a quiet exit that we are not fully enjoying the days we have. 


Sure. They don't look like they used to. There is unrest and uncertainty. But let's be honest. There has always been unrest and uncertainty somewhere. We can chose to get swallowed up in the drama and chaos OR we can live our lives with purpose and gratitude. 


Sometimes it's as hard as getting up in the morning and deciding to ask for God's direction and grace for the day. 


I am spending the next few days leading up to the "official" start of fall preparing my space and my heart for a simpler and gracious season. Today, I am focused on decluttering some spaces. I also made time in my morning to write this post. 


I've got some green velvet pillow covers coming in the mail from Amazon and a pumpkin spice candle sitting on my kitchen island ready to be burned. 


I'll report back tomorrow and let you know if the velvet pillows are everything I hoped they be. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *