Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Snuffles

It is finally quiet. My dear husband went to church tonight and the boy is collapsed on the love seat with the crazy cat lying right on top of him. He had busy weekend with cousins and the like. So it's just me and the hum of a few appliances and a fan....Oh, this crazy Ozarks weather. One of the cousins asked me if he could clean out the turtle kiddie pool this afternoon. Hey! What would you want to do in this kind of weather. Forget the calendar! Just get out the sunscreen, pull on the old swimming trunks and there you go! Instant pool party in October!

I am home from church with the snuffles. I went to church this morning and everytime someone would come up to me they would take one look and back up, slowly. I guess my puffy eyes and the snot hanging from my nose might indicate the "plague." I'm sure there was a run to the bathroom door and a major handwashing marathon. I should have handed everyone the germ X I keep in my purse as part of our pleasantries.

So this evening I have a few plans. I am going to fix me a cup of sugar free hot apple cider, light that cinnamon candle my mom brought home from Hobby Lobby and park myself on the coach with that book I haven't had a chance to read. I am reading (again and again) The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom. My mom introduced me to the book when I was just a girl and I have read it a number of times. It's one of those books that I get out when I am feeling a bit sorry for myself. It's hard to gripe too much about bills and calories when you read of this lady's remarkable time in a concentration camp. I have had my fair share of crisis moments. And sometimes it's hard for me to remember that God is concerned about even my smallest concerns. I feel guilty for even complaining or asking for a little help. "Uh, God...I know your busy with wars, natural disasters and the whole spiritual warfare thing going on...and oh, there's the ongoing prayer my family and I have about my heart failure...oh, and the whole needing a financial miracle situation, but could you clear up my snuffles so I can have a good night's sleep?"

We need to remember that God is interested in our bills, the overconsumption of calories and the snuffles. After all doesn't the Bible say that He cares for the birds?

Matthew 6:26

Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more
valuable than they?
What a great thought. So as I sit and worry that my "my worries" aren't that significant or important, I have assurance in the knowledge that he cares for me...and my snuffles and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *