Tuesday, January 3, 2012

What a difference you made (In my life)

 Tonight I am kind of sad. My mom called me with some news earlier this evening. You see, Josiah and I often volunteer a Nursing Home in Joplin. Mom works there and we have all gotten really close to some of the residents. One of our favorite ladies passed away this morning.

This past summer Josiah and I spent some time with her in her room...watching old Westerns. And when it was time for the ladies to come have their nails painted she let Josiah paint her fingernails. She was one special lady. And brave. Very brave.


This is what is tough about being a parent. Sure. It gives me a great opportunity to talk about loss and love and eternity. But I am still working up to the Birds and the Bees talk and don't even get me started about Santa Clause and the Tooth Fairy. Call me a coward.

Tonight Josiah and I talked about our memories of this precious lady. He worried about losing other friends in the Nursing Home. We talked about seeing our loved ones again in Heaven. Heavy stuff for a Tuesday night at home over a plate of spaghetti.

Something else. It gets really easy to shut ourselves off from everything but what's in our own little bubble. Either we don't feel we have time or the energy to spare. Or maybe we don't want to get hurt or disappointed. But what a wasted life!

How much sweeter is living when you can share your life with others. You might never know what a difference you can make in someone's life...or what a difference they will make in yours.







2 comments:

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *