Thursday, January 3, 2013

True Confessions

I need to confess a few things. And as you are a relatively captive audience I'll start here.

1. Yesterday. I forgot what day it was. It didn't occur to me that we had missed Wednesday night church until my 11-year-old told me so. Around 7ish in the evening. Man.

2. I have played Just Dance 3 for several nights in a row. By myself. I'm calling it exercise, but we all know it's just an excuse to dance to music I was never allowed to listen to when I was a teenager.

3. Speaking of music. I just put Better Dig Two by The Band Perry on my Ipod shuffle. I'm not so sure about the subject matter.. I don't even know who The Band Perry are. I heard the song at The Thrift Store. Considering Better Dig Two is after Celtic Woman's version of Panis Angelicus, but before DC Talk's Jesus Freak on my playlist...

4. I seldom edit my blog posts. Which is a shame really. I assure you I am somewhat acquainted with correct grammar. I just seem to have so much more to do. So the next time you are reading my little blog and stumble across a typo (or glaring grammar boo boo)...please consider that I might be playing Just Dance.

5. I gained more weight than I intended to over the Christmas holiday. I'm not sure where I will finally settle, but this morning I weighed 9 more pounds than I did on Christmas Eve. I'm not going to freak out. It is not uncommon for me to fluctuate 3 or 4 pounds ...the other 5 we can blame on the cheesecake. And the enchiladas. And those refried beans my brother makes. Not to fear. I've got a pretty good plan. It's time to get this train moving in the right direction again. I've still lost almost 70 pounds.

6. A few friends and I are going to start getting together once a month or so. They want me to introduce them to "culture"...such as I understand it.  Really it's just an excuse to get together and eat. We are homeschool moms and crave the company of the conversation of grown people. I promised to share with them some of my favorite British classics, a few musicals...Maybe a ballet if they will let me. But really this is what I'm thinking. I would be remiss if I failed to expose my true friends to the awesomeness that is Dr. Who. For despite my love of Dickens, Bronte & Austen there is really nothing like the Doctor.

7. I bought my first pair of leggings in about 20 years. Not to worry. I won't be wearing them out in public any time soon. But goodness gracious! They are comfy. And these are a faux denim look. I be stylin'!

8. I've started drinking coffee. I know! I have never ever been a coffee drinker. I don't know what's wrong with me. But now I'm a believer. I bought myself a $3 coffee pot at The Thrift Store and some fancy sugar free Peppermint Mocha Creamer. I've not crossed over completely to the Dark Side. I usually have only 1 cup a day.

So that's it for now. I don't think I can handle any more confessions. I still have to explain that whole Better Dig Two song to The Studly Muffin.

1 comment:

  1. I bought my first pair of leggings in 20 years this year too! Now I just need to find a sweater that covers my tush when I'm wearing them....

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *