Friday, January 4, 2013

Word of the Year 2013

 I love words. I love that I can convey things in written words that I never could say out loud. I love to read words. I love the places they take me. I love the way they sound...either in my head or from the tip of my tongue.
 

But words can also be hurtful. Challenging. Damaging. That's why it's so important that the words that come out of our mouths or from fingertips or thoughts are edifying. That they mean something. And that they build rather than tear down.


I've been thinking a lot about what kind of words I use in my own life. I've been guilty of using words that are negative and self-serving. And sometimes I've allowed words of others or my own negative self-talk to take root deep in my soul.  That's why I like this word so much.



It's going to be my word of 2013.

In our current age and time it's used quite a bit. My Hope, however, isn't found in what men can do. I've discovered that we are only capable of so much. I am only capable of what my finite mind can comprehend.  All of it has to come from God. In fact, it's kind of pointless to even discuss hope unless I learn to make God my Hope.

It is my desire in this coming year that everything I do is for His sake.

There is an old song. It starts like this.


"My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name."


I'm linking up this post to Ben and Me (also a Homeschool blogger)..Hopefully it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *