Thursday, September 18, 2014

Celebrate Talk Like A Pirate Day! (with a few printables and ideas)




Apparently tomorrow is national Talk Like A Pirate Day.

It's also Baby Sister's Birthday (who is consequently not a Pirate).


Yes. I have shamelessly taken her Facebook profile picture and defaced it...Like any good sister would do.

This past summer my Mom and I put on a Pirate-themed Cousin Camp. It was fun. And then some. You can read about Day 1 of our Adventures here. I'm only including Day 1 because that's all I can manage right now. It's been a loooong day.


I want to share a few things with you before I lay my weary self down.

First of all, take a peek at my Pirate Cousin Camp Pinterest Board. I pinned a whole lot of wonderful on it. 

I might need to mention that we visited a variety of ports of call on our Pirate Adventure Trip around the world. 

Hence the tasty recipe for Butter Chicken. 

I've also made a few fun pirate printables. (for FREE)

This one is a fun ABC sounds match. Not to worry. Just click on the picture. It will take you to the cards (plus the sound cards). 


https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwRX2XFH5lCZZkI3WDlZaWdVSlk/edit?usp=sharing


I also made up a set of Pirate Mission cards. This one instructs the student to make a treasure map. The link will take you to 8 different missions. Click on the picture!

I also created a few notebooking pages. These are a bit cutesy for Josiah. He likes his pirates crusty. I think they are adorable. Click on the pictures! 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwRX2XFH5lCZczNmeU1nZ3FEZjg/edit?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwRX2XFH5lCZcWRDdzBPWUJpQU0/edit?usp=sharing

Just a few more fun things.

I got to review Mango Languages a while back. Josiah had a lot of fun learning Pirate. Did you know that "Pirate" is free to learn with Mango? You can find out more about it here.


My mom painted this beautiful treasure map in about an hour. Oh yes she did. Because we had our Cousin Camp at their farm we renamed all of the "spots" on the farm. The barn became the "Port of Neglect" and the old oak tree at the back of the cow pasture became the "Gruesome Oak." You might not have a farm to spread out on, but you can certainly do something on a smaller scale inside the house or backyard. 


This is one of the signs we made to mark the spots.


Our Pirate Celebration will be light weight. I plan on making Pizza (because obviously pirates ate pizza) and we will work our way through Josiah's Pirate of the Caribbean collection.

I might do Popcorn. Because Pirates ate Popcorn as well.

I really need to get to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *