Okay. I've been missing in action on the blog this week.
So I've decided to dedicate this post to a Random Thoughts...to update you on the comings and goings and other nonsense in my life at present.
This will probably be more nonsense than you need for a random Thursday.
Pour yourself a cup of tea. This might take a while.
1. For the past few months I have been doing some genealogical research for my Aunt Susie. This is a picture of a quilt that was used by a young man in the family who hiding from Bushwackers during the Civil War. He hid in a cave deep in McDonald County (Southwest Missouri). His mother and aunt brought him food and helped him stay alive. Fascinating stuff! The quilt hung in a museum for a time. It is at home at my parents' farm. Right now I'm in the process of scanning a pile of old yearbooks. I think this stuff is so interesting. It is much more interesting than, say, laundry.
2. A few weeks ago it was sunny and 75. The Northeast was battling a blizzard. We were wandering around in our shirt sleeves. On this particular fine Sunday afternoon my Mom chased Josiah and cousin Chris away from the video games and out of the house. You can see what happened next.
My mom's Australian Shepard (Amy) tried so hard to get up there with them.
This is Solomon (The BBD...Big Black Dog). That, my friends, is the look of love.
He wuvs me.
Solomon and Amy played a game of...I'm not sure exactly what game they played.
But involved a little of this.
And some of that.
She got him!
Then they played again.
I guess it was his turn to win.
Solomon is one BBD. I'm just glad he decided not to play the game with Mom and me.
3. About a month ago, The Muffin fell coming home from work. We live across the street and his commute is pretty easy going. Only this time he fought the curb...and the curb won. It has been a long and drawn out process, but we found out that actually fractured his arm. He won't have to have surgery or a cast. I can tell you that he has been such a trooper. He has worked and just kept on going.
Valentine's Weekend found us at the VA clinic (Veteran's clinic). All the Vets who came in got to eat their fill from a huge table of cookies and kool-aid. And they all received a lovely Valentine's letter. The Muffin's came from Grace. So sweet. I am currently on a sugar fast so I abstained from cookies and Kool-aid. Josiah was thrilled. You can imagine. We don't feed the child. At all.
5. We don't take many 'snow days' as homeschoolers. We take off when it's sunny and 75. Josiah didn't get much of a break this week. Though the boy doesn't have too bad. He is doing science on the computer in his room...surrounded by his football guys and wearing one of his many football hats. Not to mention he's not bothered to put on a shirt. What a life. We sure have it rough!
6. Today Josiah made sesame noodles. He did such a good job. He's decided, however, that he doesn't like the sesame seeds in the 'sesame noodles." Josiah did eat 2 plates of his noodles. The most challenging part about teaching my busy boy to cook is teaching my busy boy to cook. I think his brain goes a million miles an hour in a hundred different directions. He is just plain fun.
7. I don't have a picture to accompany this last thought. I thought about googling "cute and fit girl working out" and then pretend that it's me. The truth is I haven't exercised in weeks! My usual routine happens during Josiah's swim team practices. I've had a hard time getting things together. I feel so much better when I exercise, but I think I'm dealing with some anemia (not to mention our cold weather). I am eating really well, taking my supplements and drinking plenty of water. I just need to get moving again. Ugh. I wish there was some sort of magic switch for motivation.
That's about it!
Have a wonderful (and warm) weekend!