Monday, February 23, 2015

What I'm Fixin' - February 23, 2015







Some yummy food is going to be springing forth from my little kitchen this week...baring any unforeseen events. Like the plague or an impromptu trip to Tahiti.

I've got a few favorites I bring back every week or so. The Muffin is really easy to feed. Josiah less so, but he does is fairly predictable with what he likes.

This is what I'm fixing this week.

Monday - Patty Melts (a burger on toasted bread with cheese and sauteed onions), Broccoli Salad (I make mine with apples, bacon and toasted almonds...you can't go wrong)

Tuesday - Roasted Chicken (I got 2 last week on special ...this is round 2), Smashed Cauliflower and Brussel Sprouts

Wednesday - Crab Patties (These are made with flax meal so it cuts down the carbs), Baked Potato (for The Muffin and Josiah) and Thai Coleslaw.

Thursday - I adore these Korean Style Chicken Lettuce Wraps. I am also making The Pioneer Woman's Sesame Noodles. Josiah made these last week and they were a big hit. 

Friday - It's Mexican Food night! I'm making all the fixings for a Burrito Bowl. Which will be black beans, baked brown rice, homemade salsa and probably some taco meat for the carnivores. 

Saturday and Sunday are going to spent at my parents' farm. This past weekend, Mom cooked up a big ham, pinto beans, cornbread and I made a smashed cauliflower casserole (which mimics a hashbrown casserole) and an apple cobbler. There is nothing like some hillbilly comfort food on a cold day.

Have a wonderful week!








I am linking up to Meal Plan Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *