Friday, November 20, 2015

An Attitude of Gratitude: 17 Weeks of Learning to Live a Beautiful Life


It's Week 11 of my Learning to Live a Beautiful Life Series. I have planned 17 posts in this series...My goal is to end at the end of the year!



Our little blue planet has had a rough week.

As I write this post, we have been in mourning with the citizens of France. Our nation's leaders are debating compassion, prudency and privilege. We are heading into an election year and the pundits and politicians seem to be suffering from the loss of civility and common sense.

I am heartsick with the thought of so many in the world suffering. There are peoples from all walks of life who deal with such life problems that we can't even begin to understand. Not only has terror struck so viciously in France, but in smaller and poorer nations. We haven't given those souls the same kind of attention.

I can't begin to understand it all or even form an opinion about what should or shouldn't be done. I am grateful to know that I serve a God who does not require such evil acts to prove my devotion.

He just asks for my heart.

This next week will be celebrating Thanksgiving. Americans all across our land will be feasting on roasted turkey and pumpkin pie. There will be many more who will rely on the kindness of others for a warm meal or a place to lay their head. There will be children who spend their holiday with not enough to eat.

This week I am not throwing you a call to action.

What you do make a difference in our world is up to you. It is a narrow and shallow existence to think that "your mission" is the only true and just one in the world. You have to do what you feel God has called you to do.

In the meantime, let's not get caught up in the cruelness and callousness of this world. Let's live in an attitude of Grace and Thanksgiving.

This week I want us all to mindful of the blessings we have been given.

This week I am to wrap The Muffin and Josiah in extra long hugs.

I am going to stare at crisp blue skies with appreciation and drink in autumn sunsets. If it chooses to rain, I am going to snuggle up with my loved ones and enjoy a hot cup of tea from the first sip to the last gulp.

I am going to make sure to smile at everyone I pass on the street. I am going to be a polite and considerate driver and remind myself that it's not always about me.

I am going to try not to take offense...even if I feel I am justified to feel offended.

I am going to slow down and maybe make a craft or three.

When I find myself frustrated with the cares of life, I am going to thank God for His provision and Grace.

Am I setting myself for disappointment and failure?

Possibly. It's hard to walk in an attitude of gratitude and grace. But it's sure the best way to travel.

Go, my friends. Make a list of your blessings. Take deep breaths in and out. Enjoy those autumn sunsets.

It is a Beautiful Life.










You can catch with my series by clicking the banner below.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *