Tuesday, June 6, 2017

One of those Mays

Good morning, my friends.

Long time no type. I've been busy.

And tired.

And busy.

I can't possibly tell you everything that has happened over the past few weeks (has it been that long?), but I thought I would share a few of the finer moments.

Get ready. Some of them are gnarly.


Like this one. Notice that lovely little dent in Lucy the Ford? Yup. It was caused by a deer. A deer. A deer who happened to fling herself in front of her car on our way to District Council this year. District Council is our annual Pastor's meeting.

We left on a Sunday night after church to deliver Josiah to his grandparents house before heading on to the meeting. What you can't see in this picture was that we had stopped out in front of a Dollar General Store. AND that the headlight had been tucked back into place before The Muffin taped it all nicely with some fancy Duct Tape.

We are just waiting for the body shop to give us a call.



But before THIS happened the blessed gift of The Strep Throat came upon me.

GURLLL! Strep Throat?

Who has time for Strep Throat?

Not this lady.

And then there was District Council, the Women's Ministry Mother's Day event, my Parents coming to visit 😀 And The Muffin's Parents coming and THEN Josiah's birth great-grandparents coming....

Shew!

It was all wonderfully, mad, busy and fun!

But I. Am. Tired.

Or "Tarred" as we say in the hills.

Somehow (and I was talking about this with my Momma)...I missed May. I know stuff happened. LOTS of stuff happened, but I don't remember much of it. I was too busy. Too sick. Just plain worn slick.

I don't want my summer to be one that happened while I wasn't looking!

So I've decided that I need to take action. I've got my trusty spiral notebook and sparkly gel pens. I'm making a list. Checking it twice.

I know. Vacation Bible Study is coming up. The church picnic. Father's Day and then Cousin Camp!

I'm writing a history course and something else that I can't list off the top of my head (it's good I know it!). However, I don't want to neglect sitting on front porch. Trips down to the Dairy Queen for a Sugar Free Dilly Bar. Walks on a summer evening and iced tea.

I want to make a tomato and zucchini frittata  so Josiah and The Muffin can complain about it. I want to start my annual summer mystery novel marathon. Who should I read this year? Christie? Perry? Funke?

If I have learned anything in my years on the planet (all 29 of them), I have learned that you have to savor those little moments. Take advantage of those simple things that don't seem like they would matter in the big picture.

I don't do a great job of it all the time...but I sure have fun catching up.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *