Friday, April 27, 2018

What Matters (5 Days of Homeschooling for the Weary Momma)

Welcome back to the 5 days of Homeschooling for the Weary Momma.

Today I am, once again, going to send you to another blog.



This time it is the Homeschooling With Heart Blog. It is the blog for The Old Schoolhouse Magazine. I happen to be a contributing writer.

The post I wrote was in honor of my friend, Mindy. She went to be with Jesus just a few months ago.

She was 40 years old and had 4 sweet kiddos.

Another time, I will talk more about Mindy...for right now I want to encourage you to treasure the relationships in your life.

When it gets hard and you get tired of dirty laundry, empty milk cartons, half-finished workbook pages and sassy-mouthed preteens...hug them all close. That dirty laundry will wait. Just put those half-finished workbooks in the assignment pile once again and kiss that sassy-mouth teen right in the middle of the forehead.

Or burst out into spontaneous song in the middle of the Dairy Queen. Might I suggest Every Breath You Take by The Police? Nothing like a song about a stalker to remind your teen that YOU SEE ALL!

Talk about the things that are important to you and live out your faith in front of them.

And, above all, laugh. Laugh with your whole heart.

That's all any of us can do.










I am joining my friends from the Homeschool Review Crew this week. Check 'em out!



Coming Soon ... 2018 Annual Spring Blog Hop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *