Wednesday, September 9, 2020

The Bible Ladies Brunch Bunch - Such Devoted Sisters? Rachel & Leah

 


I hope you are enjoying our Bible Study thus far. 

The family of Abraham certainly has some twisty relationships…AND it’s about to get even more complicated.

Have you ever seen the movie White Christmas?

It’s one of my favorites. In the movie, two sisters have a singing act and we first see them singing this song written by Irving Berlin.

Sisters, sisters

There were never such devoted sisters

Never had to have a chaperone, no sir

I'm here to keep my eye on her

 

Caring, sharing

Every little thing that we are wearing

When a certain gentleman arrived from Rome

She wore the dress and I stayed home

 

All kinds of weather we stick together

The same in the rain or sun

Two different faces but in tight places

We think and we act as one

 

Those who've seen us

Know that not a thing can come between us

Many men have tried to split us up but no one can

Lord, help the mister who comes between me and my sister

And Lord, help the sister who comes between me and my man

 

All kinds of weather we stick together

The same in the rain or sun

Two different faces but in tight places

We think and we act as one

 

Those who've seen us

Know that not a thing could come between us

Many men have tried to split us up but no one can

Lord, help the mister who comes between me and my sister

And Lord, help the sister who comes between me and my man

 

Sisters, sisters

Sister, don't come between me and my man

 

Obviously, the two sisters we are going to talk about today indeed had a “mister” come between them.

We are talking about Rachel and Leah. And the ultimate in sibling rivalry.

In the video, I read to you a little blurb from my study Bible (The Life in the Spirit Study Bible) about polygamy. I promised you some Scriptures.

Of course, I didn’t get them put in my video (distraction problems) but I thought I would share this article for you here regarding polygamy and God’s plan. I found it to be sound.




As always, I am including some FREE printables for you to enjoy along with your study. AND a printable recipe for the Veggie Crustless Quiche.  Just look below. The Scripture printable is a PDF of the scripture from Proverbs you see above. It is really lovely. 

 

Next week we are talking about Deborah and Jael (found in Judges) and I am sharing one of the most viewed recipes on my blog. The Blueberry Buckle.

 


Just in time for fall.

 

Hope you enjoy this week’s video.


This Week's Printables

Bible Study Notes Printable

Bible Study Journal

Scripture Printable

Veggie Crustless Quiche Printable


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *