Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Confessions of a 10 Pound Loser - The Beginning

 I'm starting a new weight loss journey. 

Actually, scratch that. I've been on a weight loss "journey" for years. What I am starting is going to be more of a public sharing of the ups and downs of my experiences. 

My "journey" has had its good days and bad days. I've had more bad that good. I have all kinds of excuses. 

My hormones.

My non-existent metabolism.

White Castle.

Quarantine. 

The truth is that our troubles and challenges are far more nuanced and complicated than we understand. 

I've been fairly transparent about a few things in my life. Infertility. Chronic Illness. My fondness for murder mysteries and dislike of potty talk. 

I am not quite as chatty about my weight struggles. Mostly because I am so disappointed in myself. And I certainly don't feel good in my current body. 

I've been down this road before. I have been successful at weight loss. I have also been successful at losing and gaining the same 10 pounds a thousand times in my adult years. 

My mom encouraged me to talk more about what I know. What I don't know. How I'm doing. What I'm not doing. About weight loss, at least. She thought my own experiences would be encouraging for someone else. She also gave me the idea of what to call this particular series. 

"Confessions of a 10 pound Loser"

My mom is kind of awesome at jingles and catchy titles. 

My idea would have been more like "My Struggles with Losing Weight While Telling You All The Things You Wish You Never Asked." 

Kind of hard to make a interesting graphic with that one. 

So. Here I go. We'll talk more later. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *