Wednesday, March 3, 2021

The Bible Ladies Brunch Bunch - Learning to Live a Beautiful Life Series - Ugly

Good morning! 

You might have noticed I didn't post a Bible Ladies Brunch Bunch video last week. Then again, it probably didn't even cross your mind. 




The truth is that I did create a video for last week. I just didn't post it. I really wasn't that happy with it. 

Not that this week's video is stellar in any way. It just is something that I probably needed to post last week. 

Today we are talking about "ugly." 

Ugly words. 

And I am sure you all have noticed a plethora of ugly lately. Folks just can't seem to keep it in...whether we all need to hear it or not. 

I have certainly been guilty of spewing a bit of ugly myself. 

I usually have a rough outline when I record these videos. Because me ranting aimlessly for 30 minutes is a complete waste of time. 

In this video, however, I ran a little fast and loose. You will probably be able to tell. l repeated myself fairly often. In my defense, I was interrupted more than a few times. I just cut out those conversations I had with my family.

Nobody wouldn't have been interested in where I keep my Miracle Whip or why The Muffin's prescriptions weren't ready at The Walmarts. But if I do seem distracted you will understand why. 

I have also noticed I tend to lean towards the video camera an awful lot. I think it's because I can't see and for some reason that will help you see me better. Unfortunately, the closer I get to the camera the clearer you can see the "bat in my cave." I have one of those noses. You could probably see up clear to my brain under perfect circumstances. 

But enough about my nose buggers and squinty eyes. I do hope I am able to encourage all of us to use our words with care. 

Hope you enjoy. Below the video are Scriptures that pertain to our subject today. Don't be ugly! 





As promised, here are some Scriptures that talk about using our words. 


1. Proverbs 11:9 “Evil words destroy one’s friends; wise discernment rescues the godly.

 

2. Proverbs 15:4 “Gentle words bring life and health; a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit.”

 

3. Proverbs 16:24 “Kind words are like honey – sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.”

 

4. Proverbs 18:21 “Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit.”

 

5. Proverbs 18:4 “A person’s words can be life-giving water; words of true wisdom are as refreshing as a bubbling brook.”

 

6. Proverbs 12:18 “There is one who speaks rashly like he thrusts of a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.”

 

7. Proverbs 25:18 “Telling lies about others is as harmful as hitting them with an ax, wounding them with a sword, or shooting them with a sharp arrow.”

 

8. Luke 6:43-45 “For there is no good tree which produces bad fruit, nor, on the other hand, a bad tree which produces good fruit. For each tree is known by its own fruit. For men do not gather figs from thorns, nor do they pick grapes from a briar bush. The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth what is evil; for his mouth speaks from that which fills his heart.”

 

9. Proverbs 21:23 “Whosoever keeps his mouth and his tongue keeps himself out of trouble.”

 

10. James 3:5 “In the same way, the tongue is a small thing that makes grand speeches. But a tiny spark can set a great forest on fire.”

 

11. James 1:26 “If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless.”

 

12. Proverbs 17:18 “Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise; when he closes his lips, he is deemed intelligent.”

 

13. Titus 3:2 “To speak evil  of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy to all people.”

 

14. Psalm 34:13 “Keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking deceit.”

 

15. Ephesians 4:19 “Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *