Monday, January 8, 2018

Winter Homeschool Printables, Some Good Advice AND Schoolhouseteachers.com


Good evening, my friends. Hope your Monday was productive. I did get a few things on my "to do" list done.

I have so much many things I want to tell you. But, unfortunately, my productivity petered out a few hours ago. I did manage to get supper in the oven.

Yay! Cereal is off the menu for tonight!

We all have those days.

One of my goals this week is to continue my planning and preparations for this next year.

I'm getting there. Getting my ducks in a row can be quite a challenge. They are usually hyperactive and just a little crazy.

My duck wrangling efforts have reminded me of some fun resources I have for the chilly months here on the blog.

Here you can find some fun printable writing prompts for Winter.


Now this next link will take you to a whole page of awesomeness. I promise. There are winter notebooking pages, winter animal reading and study, a weather printable, and more!

I think this Winter Bird Watching Set is sooo cute!



All of the printables were created by yours truly and absolutely FREE. 

The flu is especially nasty this year. I understand some of you have been under the weather. I've got the cure! This Chicken Noodle Soup is a family favorite and one I fix for all my people. Tuck this recipe in your arsenal. You won't be disappointed. 



Winter can be pretty tough on me. My body hurts and I am frequently homebound.  It just gets exhausting. I want you to know I understand. This post  I wrote several years ago talks about Homeschooling Through the Hard Times.  I find that I have to go back and read through it from time to time.


This link is actually for a post I recently wrote for the Homeschool Review Crew. It's just a little advice about looking ahead to the new year.  I also stumbled across a post I wrote for the Crew blog back in 2013. It's not necessarily about the winter, but I think it's good to read heading into these long months.

Before I go I need to tell you about Schoolhouseteachers.com. I have been a member forever! It has helped me in sooo many ways. I'll do a post soon about some of the current goodies we've been using. I also am writing a history course for the site, but it's going to be a bit before it's ready for public viewing.

Brand new members of the Homeschool Review Crew just got to experience the fun for the very first time and wrote a series of reviews. You can read all of them on the Homeschool Review Crew blog.

Such fun!

So, my friends. My productivity is way past its bedtime and I've got that casserole I need to get out of the oven.



2 comments:

  1. There are days when cereal is just fine for dinner, but glad you had something warm for the end of your day today! I'll make a copy of that recipe - I need a good chicken soup recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those Winter Bird watching set - I'll have to come back and get those. I received 3 bird puzzles for Christmas. ;) And the chicken soup recipe sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *